News and Announcements
Team Volunteer Events
Mark your calendars for two volunteer events that the team will participate in:
Ready to Run 20 Miler
Sunday, September 22, 2019 // EARLY morning
63rd Street Beach
We will be volunteering at the finish line
Bank of America Chicago Marathon
Sunday, October 13, 2019
5:30am - 1:30pm
Adams and Racine
Handbook and Fees
Didn't make the parent meeting? You can find our handbook here. Parents and athletes should familiarize themselves with the handbook. As we kick off the season, please make sure that you:
- Pay your $250 season fee (either check to "Whitney Young High School" or via credit card through the link below)
- Register on 8to18 (this is the only official way coaches can get you on the roster)
- Submit your IHSA physical
- Fill out a Permission to Travel form if you ever plan on traveling home with another family from a meet (no exceptions)
- Join the team's Remind notices
The Track Team decided to take the "plunge" all for a great cause... the Special Olympics. Here are their before, during, and after photos at the Polar Plunge! Congrats, you brave boys and Coach Wiegmann!
Whitney Young Boys Running
at a glance
The Cross Country season runs, generally, from September - November. Practices begin in the summer with conditioning between the Cross Country and Track seasons.
Track and Field
The Track and Field season is divided between an indoor and outdoor season. The disciplines, that make up the Track and Field seasons include: distance, hurdles, field events.
Our coaches are committed to helping our runners excel in their discipline. More information about our coaches can be in our Coaches Corner section.